Friday, December 28, 2012

Myers-Briggs Personality Type

Today's topic is the Myers-Briggs Personality Type evaluation.  You might look into this and be surprised at how things turn out.  I did my evaluation at http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html, but you can check out this page for some detailed info: MBTI Personality Types from myersbriggs.org

I am an INFJ personality type, based on a recent type evaluation I took.
Seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions. Want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others. Conscientious and committed to their firm values. Develop a clear vision about how best to serve the common good. Organized and decisive in implementing their vision.
Now... a few people I know, in real life, thought I'd be more of an ENFJ... the "I" meaning "Introvert" and the "E" meaning "Extrovert"
Warm, empathetic, responsive, and responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual and group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable, facilitate others in a group, and provide inspiring leadership.
Where that gets confusing is that I tend to be an extrovert among peers I'm comfortable with.  I have a great need for "alone time".

I think it's true to say that everyone exhibits a fair amount of varying traits from all personality types at any given moment... but deep down at heart I'm an INFJ.

What is your personality type?  How do you think that effects your day-to-day life?  How do you think this helps or hurts your anxiety issues?

No comments:

Post a Comment